This is where the magic happens♥

Hello Bloggers & friends♥

We are pleased to welcome you to our blog. Please feel free to leave comments and follow us♥

Saturday, May 5, 2012

We l♥ve rain!

Hello Bloggers and Friends, 

Last night gave an epic of all storms we've heard in a while. It literally stormed from 1AM till about 7:30AM. Thunder that shook the house, lightning, wind, heavy rain, at some point there was hail or giant rain drops, and tossing and turning! I like storms...I just don't like storms that are right over the house to the point where the thunder is extra loud and extra "I'm going to shake the house" and the lightning was intense along with it. I am grateful my husband was there with me to comfort me. He knows I don't like those kind of storms. 

I am grateful for the rain though. Plenty of people complain when we get rain; however, I am not typically that kind of person. We needed rain. Rain nourishes our plants, trees, grass, flowers, even animals and other critters! They all need to survive as well. It would be selfish of me to want nothing but sunshine all the time. Of course that's my opinion. The birds outside are chirping away and they seem happy. :) 

Sometimes, if I am lucky and outside, I can catch the birds bathing in a puddle and it was one of the cutest things! Last time I saw it and I didn't have  a camera with me. Next time I will try to have a camera on me so I can post the picture on here. 

Yesterday was a pretty crafty day for me, I started painting an old shelf we hadn't used in quite some time. We were going to throw it away; but, I looked at another blog and received inspiration. She is a homemaker like me and lives off a small budget. She found things around her house that she didn't particularly use anymore, instead of throwing it away she revamped and decorated it and used it for something else! Anything from old door knobs to use as towel hangers in the bathroom to redecorating an old chandolier. 
I am painting this old black shelf turqoise green and very light country brown. I plan on using it in the bathroom for shelves. So far it is pretty darn cute. Andrew came through and saw it, he asked, "are you trying to make it look vintage?" I said no. Why? And he said, "it looks that way because of the paint strokes.." I felt complimented. I am not really a painter and to hear that from him made me feel glad. He said it looked good! I think from this point I will try to revamp things from this point on and not give up on a paint brush. :) I am using acrylic paint. It seems to spread well and dry quickly! 
I am excited to post the finished product here soon. :) 

I am thinking about writing short stories here on this blog and selling them for a small price. I love writing and have thought about writing another novel...however, I haven't had much luck on ideas...I have started and than stopped writing it several times. This just tells me that I am not yet ready to write another novel. I wrote my first novel when I was in 10th grade. I had the splendid opportunity of reading it to my whole 10th grade class, giving assignments on it, signing the copied scripts, and giving a test on it. :) I am thankful my English teacher gave me that wonderful opportunity to shine. :) I should get in touch with her again. It's been years. I am not sure though how I would sell my short stories. Google seems to have a way, I just wonder how that works. I have never done something like this before. 

Anyhoo, I'll get to have my nephew who is nine months old over for a few days. It'll be nice to have a baby over. We've had our 3 year old niece and nephew (twins) over the past few days and it's been a challenge and fun at the same time. 
I am ready for vacation next week though. I need to get away from my usual locality and travel somewhere else. Hopefully we will get to sightsee through some historical places, maybe we'll get to eat somewhere historical as well like the Whistle Stop restaurant. I went there once with an old friend of mine. We went on a date and their food was good! :) A bit pricey but for homecooked country food, it was worth it. Apparently, for the movie Elizabethtown, that's where they shot a scene was at the Whistle Stop. 

Today is supposed to rain again which is fine with me. Water everything so we don't have to! I am glad school is out till June but at the same time I miss learning a lot of things at once. In the Summer I plan on taking a self defense class at my college. I definitely look forward to this! Andrew is encouraging me to take it and I am glad. 
I should eat breakfast now and start on my housework and project! I hope you all have a great weekend and it's Cinco De Mayo...maybe I will get lucky and hear some Mexican Music today. 

Stay tuned till next time, 

-A&G

No comments:

Post a Comment