This is where the magic happens♥

Hello Bloggers & friends♥

We are pleased to welcome you to our blog. Please feel free to leave comments and follow us♥

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lesson Reminders for Primary♥

I have discovered a side of me that I should have unleashed a long time ago. :) That is my crafty side. She has been hibernating way tooo long! :) 
When I prepare my lessons for my Sunday school primary class, I typically come up with something creative to give to the children at the end of class. It will be something on the lines of reminders of the lesson. Something they can put in their journal, scriptures, wall, or fridge. Here is my latest: 

I used Microsoft word and clip art to make these cute books. I used text box and typed in the guide lines the kids plan to follow when it comes to reading their scriptures. :) 
I used ribbon I found in my scrapbook box and measured the ribbon against the paper. When I found out what length I wanted, I then taped the ribbon hanging on the back and let a little hang on the front. 
My husband is an artist at heart too and came up with this great idea to use a lighter at the ends of the ribbon so it doesn't fringe. :) He is amazing. 
The kids seemed to really love the idea and were excited to put them in their scriptures. 
 I used clear type as I felt this would enhance the craft best instead of using colorful tape. 
 I tried to use different colors to give variety to the children. :) They loved it! 
I only used ribbon because I like how it feels on my hands and I also love how it lays. If you happen want to use this idea for your class, you can tweak it how you want. Some would maybe like to use yarn. Which is fine. :) 
 
 

1 comment: